The saxophonist, composer and arranger Maria Bragança has already produced three albums. She is also responsible for their artistic direction. Three pearls to be discovered in the Brazilian musical ocean where female saxophones are rare.
- Alma Barroca
- Trova Brasileira
The three CD’s were released in Europe, introducing new interpretations: the first, of Bach music, the second, of the Brazilian music, showing its white and black roots, and the third, of the first half of 21st century Brazilian music.
Barro Oco is a new interpretation of Brazilian popular music with a special focus on our European, African and Indian origins.
The album carries up with a deep Brazilian artistic identity, confirmed by the choice of the instruments and the folklore themes.
Songs of Milton Nascimento, Lamartine Babo, Cartola and Villa Lobos. Participation of guitar player Caxi Rajao, percussionist Djalma Correa and composer and instrumentalist Rufo Herrera.
- Novenas – Maria Braganca, Folclore
- Ponta de Areia E Maria Maria – Maria Braganca, Brant, Fernando
- Canção Do Mar – Maria Braganca, Trindade, Ferrer
- Barro-Oco – Maria Braganca, Bragança, Maria
- Serra da Boa Esperança – Maria Braganca, Babo, Lamartine
- Cordas de Aço – Maria Braganca, Cartola
- Nesta Rua, Nesta Rua – Maria Braganca, VillaLobos, Heitor
- Vida Formosa – Maria Braganca, VillaLobos, Heitor
- Trenzinho Caipira – Maria Braganca, VillaLobos, Heitor
“Alma Barroca” is a study of the influence of cultural and musical fusion among Europe, Africa and Brazil. Maria Bragança already searches in the beginning of 21st century to transcend frontiers with her own performances, recovering memories, creating new styles and suggesting new possibilities.
More than an artistic expression from a historical period, the Baroque is an expressive part of the Brazilian culture constitution. In this album, plays from the Baroque period and transcription of works of Villa Lobos, Pixinguinha and other composers.
Alma Barroca CD1
- Allegro | Sonate en sol BWV
- Adagio | Sonate en sol BWV
- Allegro | Sonate en sol BWV
- Andante-Presto | Sonate en Ut BWV
- Allegro | Sonate en Ut BWV
- Adagio | Sonate en Ut BWV
- Menuetto I | Sonate en Ut BWV
- Menuetto II | Sonate en Ut BWV
- Allegro | Concerto en Ut mineur pour hautbois
- Adagio | Concerto en Ut mineur pour hautbois
- Allegro c Concerto en Ut mineur pour hautbois
- Adagio – Allegro | Sonate XII pour violon opus 5
Alma Barroca CD2
- L’Art de la Fugue
- Bachian no. 5
- A Rosa
- Valsa da Dor
- Nesta Rua
Sax player Maria Braganca makes a transparent reading of the motive fusion that characterized the Brazilian music during the first half of the 20th century.
With her guitar player Toninho Horta and orchestra conductor Antonieta Silva e Silveira interpret a great repertoire, pearls of the universal and timeless Brazilian music.
- Noites Cariocas
- Na Glória
- Espinha de Bacalhau
- Receita de Samba
- 5st Valsa de Esquina
- Trovas de Amor
- Tico-tico o Fubá
NEW CD: Duas Marias
- Valsa da Dor – Heitor Villa Lobos – adaptation Maria Braganca
- Bach Te Vi – Jovino Santos Neto – arrangement Maria Bragança & Maria Teresa Madeira
- Oblivion – Astor Piazzolla
- Barro Oco – Maria Braganca / Caxi Rajao – arrangement Maria Bragança
- Mel – Maria Teresa Madeira / Marcio Dorneles
- Valsa Triste -Radames Gnatalli
- Chorando de Alegria – Maria Teresa Madeira / Marcio Dorneles
- Rosa – Pixinguinha – arrangement Maria Bragança & Maria Teresa Madeira
- Suite Scaramouche – Darius Milhaud – adaptation Maria Bragança & Maria Teresa Madeira
- Odeon – Ernesto Nazareth – arrangment Maria Bragança & Maria Teresa Madeira